Sunday, December 12, 2010

Something About an Apple and a Tree?

Dear Isaac,

Most people don't realize this about me, but I can be pretty sarcastic.  I'm sure that is a huge shock to anyone who's reading this right now.  In teaching, I often have to be very careful to tone down the sarcasm because I have often been told that teenagers don't understand it.  You, apparently, are wise beyond your years.  While helping me this afternoon, you turned and looked at me, and said, "You're welcome, Mommy" in a pretty sarcastic tone, before giving me the chance to say thank you.  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Remember how confusing it was when we were in Spain and the Spanish don't even have sarcasm? They pretty much just thought we were crazy.

    ReplyDelete