Thursday, March 3, 2011

Choices

Dear Eleanor,

I always like to give you and Isaac a few choices when it comes to the things you do.  For Isaac, it's a bit easier, because he can tell me if he'd rather wear a red shirt or a gray one.  With your limited communication skills, you can't tell me exactly what you'd like.  I am going to give you three very clear options of where you may sleep:

1.  In your crib.

2.  In your pack n' play.

3.  In your swing.

If you could read, or understand options, you'd notice that no where on this list are you offered the choice to sleep in MY BED.  Somehow you have decided that this is the only place to sleep and are taking up prime real estate.  There are many reasons I prefer you sleep elsewhere, among them:  I end up having about 4 inches of bed to occupy, I don't sleep well because I fear I will roll on you and I do not appreciate being woken up by having my hair pulled to let me know you'd like to eat.

If you sleep in one of the places you're offered I'll build you a castle.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment