Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Interpretations

Dear Isaac,

It's helpful that you try to translate for Eleanor, but as an interpreter, it is imperative that you respect the sentiment behind what the speaker is saying.  I'm quite certain Eleanor wasn't saying, "I don't want to play in our room with you anymore, Isaac."  I'm pretty sure what she was actually saying is, "This is so much fun, I can't believe it's taken me so long to figure out how to crawl into this paradise." 

Not only did you try to twist her words, by telling me that she wanted to be out in the living room with me and Daddy, but you also tried to guilt trip me into believing you were giving a true translation.  For future reference, yes, I DO like Eleanor, a lot, but that doesn't mean you get to be king of the castle all of the time.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment