Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Like to Move It, Move It

Dear Eleanor,

I will always be proud of your achievements, but would rather recognize them when you've actually accomplished them.  For the past several nights, you've been waking up every two hours after 11PM to practice crawling.  Then you get stuck on all fours and cry.  First, you are perfectly capable of rolling over.  Second, I bet you'd learn to crawl more quickly if you practiced when you were fully awake.  Third, I'm over getting up all night.  I need to sleep.  So do you.  How about we make a deal?  I'll make you a sticker chart like your brother's one for using the potty, and will give you a sticker every time you sleep more than 4 hours in a row.

I'd be happy to acknowledge your sleeping achievements as well as your crawling ones.  Let's work on this.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment