Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Small Stuff

Dear Isaac,

I was going to write you a letter about the fact that it is unacceptable for you to wake up at 4AM for any reason, even if you "wanna potty".  I was going to tell you how your sister didn't sleep well last night either and that this makes for a cranky Mommy.  I was also going to tell you that it's probably unnecessary to flip out about wanting to take the train to school once you've happily arrived there by bus. 

I got an email this morning with some pretty yucky health news about a friend of a friend.  Instead of telling you all of the things I was going to tell you, I'll instead say, I'll take the 4AM wake-ups, sleepless nights and tantrums any day in exchange for good health.  No need to sweat the small stuff. 

Love,

Mommy

2 comments: