Monday, November 1, 2010

Gourmand

Dear Isaac,

You've always been a good eater.  I am so proud that you aren't a typical toddler in your food preferences.  You have a broad palate and will try most things.  Today on the bus, however, you requested totally typical toddler foods.  You let me know, "I wanna eat pizza" and when I said we didn't have any pizza you replied, "OK.  I wanna eat mac 'n cheese."  I explained that you just had mac 'n cheese over the weekend so we wouldn't be having it again tonight.  Then the bus passed Papa John's and you exclaimed, "Mommy!  Get pizza there!"  (The horror of a New Yorker requesting Papa John's pizza surely would take an entire post of it's own.)  You accepted that 1.  We were on the bus and 2. I didn't have any money as acceptable reasons we couldn't get pizza.  I figured I better offer you something equally delectable so you would be excited for dinner, so I asked, "Hey, Isaac - Do you want to eat broccoli for dinner?"  The answer?  A resounding, "Yes!"

I guess my good eater didn't go too far after all.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment