Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wash Wash

Dear Isaac,

You have loved the idea of doing laundry for a long time.  You point out the washers and dryers every time we are in the basement of our building.  You identify every laundromat we pass on foot, the bus or in the car despite never having stepped foot in one.  You look forward to laundry day with the same anticipation most kids save for birthday parties and other celebrations.  You pretend to do laundry, improvising your lego tubs for a washer and dryer.  You proudly tell everyone in the laundry room, "I help Mommy laundry!"  I hope you still have this love of laundry in 8 years when it will be acceptable to ask you to do it.  I certainly didn't (and still don't!) share your excitement; I learned to do wash the day before I went to college...

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment